Sutter Creek, California
The Brignole Building features extensive use of native stone and the familiar iron doors and shutters of Gold Rush architecture. It is one of the largest and oldest buildings in Sutter Creek.
The Werner Building
The Werner building was also known as the Swift building. The original building burned to the ground in 1888. Fred Werner operated the Werner Butcher Shop.
Learn More on the Werner Building
American Exchange Hotel
This was the site of the American House which was built by 1853. It was destroyed by the 1865 fire. In 1867 Dr. Fifield rebuilt his hotel and named it the American Exchange Hotel. The hotelís third story was added in 1897.
The Old Morris and Siebe Drug Store
The Morris and Siebe used to be a drug store and also was the site for the Sutter Creek Telephone Swichboard Office
All graphics created and owned by Ray and Cheryl Herndon