Fred Werner an immigrant from Germany was one of many owners of this building. Fred Werner had this stone structure built after the 1888 fire. Fred Werner ran a very successful butcher shop for many years.
This photo of the early 1940's still showing the operation of the Meat Shop.
Pictured in this 1918 photo is left to right, are unknown, Cohn, Sam Milasich, and Clarence Feretti.