After organization of the new County of Amador in 1854, townsfolk collected money to erect a 2- story wooden Court House and jail. It burned in  1862 and was replaced the next year with a 2- story brick structure, and by the Hall of Records in 1893. First bridged, then joined, the buildings were given a unifying facade in 1939.

Court House



Justice Court

Justice Court building.



This building houses the Historical Archives of Amador County. Next to the Justice Court on Court Street, Jackson, California.






All graphics created and owned by Ray and Cheryl Herndon