The Krabbenhoft Building was constructed as a 3-story in 1931.
Prior to the Krabbenhoft Building being constructed in 1931, In the late 1800's and early 1900's this was a "Chine Laundry" or Chinese Laundry and ball alley and saloon. This was also the site for the "Last Chance Saloon", and a house that wasn't a home.
The Vasilovich-Thomas memorial is in front of the firehouse next to Thomas monument. A Aforementioned Slavic families dedicated monument on Labor Day, 1984, over 104 years after family patriarch locally won union doublejack drilling contest near spot.
Jackson had a volunteer fire department "Hook and Ladder Co." most years since 1854
This building arose c1898 in Jackson's Victorian architectural era. At street level, a store; above, a dwelling. A historic Chinese Masonic building was erected nearby in 1875. In early days, both sides of Main down to near Court Street were the Chinese mercantile and residential section.
Information, photographs courtesy of the Amador County Archives, The Historical Marker Database, The Chronicling America Database, and Larry Cenotto, Amador County's Historian