William Peyton had a saloon here in 1878. The building remained a saloon fairly continuously through the 1920's.
The Weil Building
After A. Weil's wooden general store burned down in the 1878 fire, he rebuilt it in brick as his mercantile business. It was later the Keystone Supply Company.
Post Office and Western Union Office
Its believed that this building was constructed after the 1878 fire. This was the Post Office and Western Union Office. The elevated stage in the back of the building indicated it may have housed a bar with dance hall girls providing entertainment.
Information, photographs courtesy of the Amador County Archives, The Historical Marker Database, and the Chronicling America Database