The first building from the parking lot, and the most photographed building in Amador City is the old building known as "Schaffers Diggings". There is no historical data at this time on this building, but what an example of history gone by.
The Fleehart Building
The Fleehart Building is probably Amador City's oldest building, circa 1860s or earlier. William Fleehart was a mine owner, merchant and Wells Fargo Agent. This building was the only store to survive the big fire of 1878. This is now the Amador Whitney Museum
The George Kling saloon burned down in June of 1878. This building was rebuilt in 1879. George Kling operated his saloon and also shared the building with Hewitt and Hammack's Dry Goods and Grocery
The Amador Hotel
The Amador Hotel is one of the city’s oldest structures, the main entrance section being built sometime between 1855 and 1860. The building was apparently built in stages. In 1872, the current owner, a man named Harrington, added a large hall which was used as a town hall and later as a dining room. Four years later he added again, providing space for a doctor’s office, a drug store, and additional rooms. The entire structure was restored in the early 1990's.
Information, photographs courtesy of the Amador County Archives, The Historical Marker Database, and the Chronicling America Database