James Wheeler, and a party of four, built a double cabin in the fall of 1848.
A preacher named Davidson, discovered gold in quartz, on the south side of the creek in 1851.
The first family that came to Amador City was the storekeeper, Wilson's family.
In 1897, Amador City had four general stores. One was A Chichizola's "stone building" managed by son Julius.